The internationally recognized Dr Ayham Al-Ayoubi is deemed to be the leading Facial Plastic Surgeon in the provision of Silhouette Soft treatment and Sculptra treatment across both the UK and Europe.
Silhouette Soft treatment supports the latest in aesthetic intervention techniques. As a new generation of thread lifting, Silhouette Soft secures a place as a revolutionary form of facial aesthetic treatment.
Dr Ayoubi’s expertise has thus led to revolutionary treatments in form of Non-Surgical Face Lifts. Soft Threads have been used successfully in surgical procedures for more than 40 years. The treatment is incredibly safe and complications are rare.
Silhouette Soft treatment is able to reverse the obvious signs of gravitational ageing, in addition to creating a youthful effect by restoring lost collagen. The Thread Lift is a non-surgical, double lift procedure consisting of fine suturing and anchoring of tissue, without the requirement of incision.
As the treatment is minimally-invasive, no sedation or general anesthesia is required to carry out the procedure. Local anesthetic is given to the points of entry and exit of the sutures, so the process is entirely pain-free. The treatment itself takes around 30 minutes to conduct and results last from between 2-3 years. The suture itself is made of an absorbable material called Poly Lactic Acid, in the form of eight absorbable cones.
The nature of PLA means that results are both gradual and natural. Redefinition of the face and restoration of volume can be created through this innovative method.
Silhouette Soft Use
Loss of collagen and elastin is an inevitable process of ageing, resulting in loss of facial tone. This is the primary cause of wrinkles and fine lines. Loss of tone results in a thin and hollow appearance of the face.
Silhouette Soft can be used in all parts of the body, but the main areas for facial aesthetic restoration are the following areas:
- Cheeks and cheekbones
- Lower jaw
Silhouette Soft treatment can be used as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with Collagen Stimulation, dermal fillers and Anti-Wrinkle Injections.
Silhouette Soft Suitability
Men and women of all skin types can effectively receive the Silhouette Soft treatment. Silhouette Soft offers an alternative to invasive face lifts through two methods:
- A discreet, immediate lift effect.
- Re-absorption of PLA creates a natural and gradual result, supporting the regeneration of collagen tissues which maintains facial volume over time.
Suitability for Silhouette Soft includes:
- Patients in good physical condition
- Patients with normal thickness of skin
- Patients who have already had a surgical face lift but results have sagged
- Patients who want subtle changes made to the appearance of forehead , cheeks, eyebrows, jaw line and neck
It is also possible to treat various areas in conjunction with one another, examples of which typically include:
- FACIAL CONTOUR –cheeks and cheekbones consisting of 2 or 3 threads on each side. This enables cheeks and cheekbones to appear more defined and greater in volume. The nasolabial fold becomes reduced in this instance, whilst skin becomes firmer.
- LOWER JAW- which includes 2 or 3 threads on each side. Cheeks become defined as well as facial contours.
- NECK- typically involving 2 or 3 threads on either side to improve on the appearance of tone and to create a smoother appearance.
Silhouette Soft Treatment
consists of the following stages:
- Entry points are created on either side before the suture engages with the adipose tissue. These entry points allow the insertion of each half of the suture in correlation to the orientation of the cones.
- Once sutures are inserted (around 3-5 mm beneath the skin surface) the facial plastic surgeon conducts manual compression of the adipose tissue towards the center of the cheek.
- The procedure will take around 30-40 minutes to conduct and will be carried out under local anesthesia.
- The recovery period of Silhouette Soft patients can sometimes involve some minor side effects. Typically patients can expect some immediate side effects such as swelling and redness at the site of injection, some slight discomfort once the local anesthesia subsides and potentially some minor bruising. These side effects usually last for only 1-2 days.
Practical instructions that should be adhered to following treatment include:
- Avoiding facial cleansing
- Avoid Excessive opening of the mouth
- Patients should sleep on their back for the following two days.
- Vigorous exercise should be avoided for at least 5 days following treatment
Restrictions in activity no longer apply one week following treatment. Activities such as walking and sitting at a computer, however, will not be detrimental to the patient within an hour of conducting the procedure.
We Recommend that for the fastest possible recovery following procedure a patient should:
- Place a cold compresses or ice pack on the area immediately after treatment, for 5 to 10 minutes
- Analgesics may be used to ease any pain. It is recommended that paracetamol be used.
- Gentle cleaning and drying of the face 5 days following treatment
- For the first 5 days hair should be carefully washed and make up applied gently.
- Shaving of the face should be carried out with gentle movements for the first two days post-treatment.
- Tanning beds and sunbathing should be avoided for two weeks .
- Facial massages and facials should be avoided for three weeks.
- Saunas and baths should be avoided for three weeks.
- Dental surgery should be avoided for two weeks following treatment.
Silhouette Soft Results
Patients can expect very little down-time and possibly some minor bruising and/or swelling at the site of suture insertion. The point of insertion of the cannula is completely undetectable to the eye post-healing.
By compressing and elevating tissue at the time of adjusting the suture the results are discreet and immediate. Slight pressure is applied to the treated area by the Surgeon so that the surface of the skin may be reshaped.
Polylactic acid (PLA) acts upon the deeper layers of tissue in the form of regeneration once the suture has been applied. Volume and shape are restored in a natural way, which works gradually over time.
Facial contours can be redefined, facial laxity corrected and jaw line enhanced minus aggressive surgery. Silhouette Soft results typically last between 1-3 years.
It is advised that during the following week after treatment patients should be gentle when carrying out any personal beauty regimes and should not receive any beauty treatments to the face.
Dental treatment should also be avoided whilst healing. For the first two weeks it is recommended that patients should avoid vigorous exercise.
Silhouette Soft Safety
MHRA in the UK and the FDA in the USA have approved Silhouette Soft for correction and restoration of skin facial laxity. Poly-L-lactic acid, the primary ingredient of Silhouette Soft Threads has been used successfully, among other bioresorbable sutures, for more than 50 years in surgical procedures, within medications and in bone plates and screws.
Performing the Silhouette Soft procedure is both simple and safe as complications are rare. It is of paramount importance to ensure that the treatment is carried out by a competent and experienced facial plastic surgeon.
The surgical removal of loose skin, a method used in traditional face lifts, is not required to effectively conduct this procedure. A double fold-over effect of lifting and regeneration is used through the activity of bidirectional resorbable threads.
Developed through a six-year trial of the effectiveness of the use of suspension threads in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, Silhouette Soft is manufactured in the USA. Silhouette Soft has been cleared for European marketing with CE 0499 Certification.
As Silhouette Soft’s key component is completely re-absorbable, it is safe to use in the construction of tissue. The nature of Poly-l-lactic acid has resulted in its use in additional medical fields, such as cardiology. The Silhouette Soft procedure has been successfully performed thousands times in more than 55 countries worldwide.
Advanced Silhouette Soft by Dr Ayoubi
As one of the leading facial plastic surgeon in the provision of Silhouette Soft treatment, Dr Ayham Al-Ayoubi has developed his own advanced techniques, which include combining such treatment with Sculptra for treating non-surgical full face lifting, atrophy and asymmetry.
Dr Ayoubi: As a Facial Plastic Surgeon I am a big advocate of thread lifts and have been using them in my practice for some time – they are a viable option for men and women experiencing loss of jawline and cheek bone definition who seeks a less invasive solution than traditional face let surgery.
Also, APTOS Lift, the very first thread lift, was first introduced to the UK in 2004 by Dr Ayham Al-Ayoubi himself. Natural and predictable results can be expected following the Silhouette Soft procedure.
It is also possible to combine Silhouette Soft with laser resurfacing, such as SmartSkin CO2, to create the most natural looking result.
Such accolades have led to patients seeking treatment from Dr Ayoubi worldwide. Treatment can be provided at the London Medical and Aesthetics clinic based on Harley Street.